Massage therapy for relaxation and reenergizing is a great solution for reducing stress and improving your health at the same time. Our relax massage techniques help to relieve soreness and stiffness providing you with increased serotonin levels that can help you feel happier and rejuvenated.
Studies have shown that massage can help reduce depression and anxiety. Patients who were depressed enjoyed reduced levels of stress and felt happier and more relaxed after massage. There are also benefits of better sleep. Relaxation massage is known to help people who not only have trouble sleeping, but who otherwise can’t rest comfortably.
It is also known that massage boosts your white blood cell count which helps give your immune system a boost. Next time you feel a headache coming on, try scheduling a massage. It can help lesson the severity and frequency of tension headaches.
Relax & Rejuvenate
Ready to take a break from the buildup of your daily stress? The Relax & Rejuvenate Massage may be just what you need. Take a deep breath and allow your relaxation massage therapist help to release your feel-good hormones and provide relief from anxiety, depression and stress.
For the ultimate get-away-from-it-all, you want to try our Float Therapy. Melt the stresses of your daily life away and sooth your body into total relaxation while you relax in a floatation tank. This luxurious experience is like a relaxing massage spa that can help clear your mind, improve your circulation, relieve pain and give you a better night’s sleep.
Looking to switch it up? Try YogaPsych and benefit from the power of yoga and psychology. This therapy can be done at home through a video course and helps you realize the power you have inside for change. You can find peace in your life by learning to navigate through your emotional blocks and live a more compassionate and purposeful life.
What types of massages are best for relaxation?
Knowing what you want to achieve from your relaxing massage can help you choose the best modality for you.
- Ashiatsu. This barefoot massage uses an overhead bar and the therapists body weight to apply pressure over your muscles.
- Cupping Massage / Myofascial Release. Negative pressure is applied on the skin using cups with this traditional technique.
- Deep Tissue. A technique that works on the sublayer of musculature in the body and benefits those who suffer from inflammation.
- Energy Work. This involves a focus on joints and the chakras to help you find grounding, peace, increased mobility and better range of motion.
- Gua Sha. Using specialized tools, this technique promotes blood circulation and helps to remove toxins from the body.
- Himalayan Hot Stone. Body massage using these stones which have a positive effect on the body and on the mind.
- Lava Hot Stone. An ancient technique that involves kneading pressure into the muscles using hot stones that improve circulation and help loosen the muscles.
- Lymphatic Massage. This technique is designed to help in draining toxins from the lymphatic system providing an increase in energy, mood and circulation.
In order for the body to function efficiently, blood and lymph must be allowed to circulate to where they are needed throughout the body to perform their duties. Relaxation massages help improve the body’s circulation when stiffness, pain, stress, and inflammation have hindered it. Better circulation has a positive effect on vital areas such at nutrient and oxygen delivery. These important elements are brought to muscle cells through the bloodstream. If circulation is limited, it stops vital nutrients from getting to where they need to be. Because of massage, the body’s cells can function more efficiently in removing toxins and reducing inflammation in soft tissue that can lead to pain and discomfort.
Individuals who have developmental disorders like autism are now often being prescribed for massage therapy treatment. While individuals with autism usually do not enjoy physical touch, massage therapy offers a relaxing, positive experience that can gradually put an adult or child at ease. Sensory tolerability can improve as the individual is allowed to bond with the therapist. People who tend to be more sluggish have become more alert through massage as well as people who have a tendency for agitation becoming less combative.
Benefits of massage are good for individuals who are limited to their wheelchairs. Fluid-build up, soreness, and irritable bowels are often a result from lack of movement for people confined in chairs. Regular massages assist in stimulating their muscles, helping the function of areas to return, and increasing their blood circulation. Relaxing massage therapy can help the function and process of the entire body.
Experience The Benefits
It’s quite evident that relaxing massage is not simply a luxury treatment reserved for select people. Doctors and therapists are continuing to realize the incredible benefits or regular massage and are prescribing and recommending it much more often. With so many people benefiting from massage therapy, perhaps it’s time that you schedule a visit and begin experiencing these benefits for yourself